The TOTEM MOTO TOURS team will do their best to organize an unforgettable experience. To work properly and in your interest, we ask you to agree to the below Terms & Conditions. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The following general terms & conditions apply to all business relations between Totem Moto Tours (referred to as “TOTEM MOTO TOURS” in the following) and its customers (referred to as “Travelers”).
The Traveler acknowledges receiving, reading, and agreeing to the Terms & Conditions set forth below, covering the tours operated by:
TOTEM MOTO TOURS, registered at Tours (Indre-et-Loire, France) Tribunal of Commerce, N° 904 024 825, represented by Vincent Martinez – 2, La Dordonnière – 37220 Avon les Roches, France
Tel: +33 783 551 533 (from North America, dial: 011 33 783 551 533)
Tour Operating License Number pending.
A. BOOKING PROCESS
- A booking request may be submitted by the Traveler either in writing, orally, or electronically and represents an invitation to contract (sign a Travel Agreement).
- A booking request becomes binding upon receipt by the Traveler of TOTEM MOTO TOURS’ email acceptance of the order.
- The Travel Agreement, the contract between the Traveler and TOTEM MOTO TOURS, shall take effect upon the reception of the deposit or full payment, whichever is first.
- All names, titles, and initials of our Travelers should be correctly given at the time of booking. Changes cannot be made at a later date unless going through a reassignment procedure as per paragraph J.
- TOTEM MOTO TOURS has the right to make individual changes to the contracted services on justified grounds due to significant and unforeseeable circumstances, provided such do not adversely affect the overall structure of the journey, became necessary after the conclusion of the Travel Agreement and were not caused by a breach of good faith on the part of TOTEM MOTO TOURS.
TOTEM MOTO TOURS is required to notify the Traveler of any service changes without delay.
B. PRICES & PAYMENT
- Package prices on TOTEM MOTO TOURS’ website are per person based on double occupancy. Unless specified otherwise, TOTEM MOTO TOURS’ guided tours include accommodation, breakfasts, gasoline, motorcycle rental, and transportation as well as some meals, activities, and excursions as per tour description (see What’s included section on the tour webpage). The Traveler shall account for other expenses such as airfare, security, customs, immigration, passenger facility charges, international transportation tax, travel and health insurance, passports and visas, baggage and personal insurance, beverages and food not listed under inclusions in the tour webpage and all other items of a personal nature.
- The prices displayed on the website do not include the security deposit for the rental motorcycle. The traveler is asked to make the security deposit for the rental motorcycle with a credit card on the first day of the tour in order to take possession of the vehicle.
- The prices displayed on the website are subject to change without notice until a booking has been confirmed.
- Payments can be conveniently made online using Visa or Mastercard or by secured wire transfer. Paypal payments can be considered but are subject to a 3% fee on the total trip price.
- TOTEM MOTO TOURS is not responsible for interbank payment commissions applied between your bank and our processing bank.
C. PANDEMIC INCLUDING COVID
- Covid-19 or any pandemic requirements may vary from one country to another and can evolve rapidly. The Traveler may be required to provide evidence of vaccination, negative test, or antibody test before, during, or after the trip. It is the responsibility of the Traveler to ensure compliance at all times to these requirements. No refunds will be given if the Traveler is unable to undertake some or all of the tour due to the Traveler’s failure to comply with these requirements. If so, the Traveler would be responsible for any resulting additional costs including travel and accommodation.
- Should specific travel restrictions be put into place at the time of the trip, either by the French government or the Traveler’s home country such as border closings, restricted movement between French regions, or mandated restaurant closings, the tour will be postponed until the aforementioned restrictions have been lifted, and the payments will be carried over to the exact rescheduled tour.
- Should the Traveler not wish to postpone the tour due to governmental restrictions, this will be considered as a cancellation at the request of the Traveler, and the cancellation policy, as per paragraph I, will apply.
TOTEM MOTO TOURS strongly recommend getting appropriate and comprehensive travel, health & trip cancellation insurance for traveling to France.
- Travel, health & trip cancellation insurance are not included in the tour price. Insurance packages need to be obtained at the same time as tour and flights booking.
- TOTEM MOTO TOURS cannot be held responsible for the Traveler’s failure to obtain appropriate insurance. TOTEM MOTO TOURS will not be held liable for any costs incurred by the Traveler resulting from his failure to obtain adequate travel insurance.
- Cancellation fees will apply if the tour is canceled by the Traveler before the departure date as per paragraph I. Return transportation and other costs may arise if the tour is aborted. The purchase of all appropriate coverage is again highly recommended.
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total tour price is required at the time of booking and TOTEM MOTO TOURS will not be able to take any action to book the tour until this deposit is received.
- If payments were not received on time, TOTEM MOTO TOURS would have the right to cancel the booking without any liability.
F. BALANCE PAYMENT
- The balance payment (full tour price less the deposit) shall be done at least 45 days prior to the tour departure date.
- In the case of late bookings (bookings made less than 45 days before departure), the total tour price is due in full upon booking.
- If payment of the deposit or balance becomes overdue for reasons within the Traveler’s control, TOTEM MOTO TOURS shall issue a reminder stating a final deadline for making payment. If payment is not rendered by the stated deadline, TOTEM MOTO TOURS reserves the right to withdraw from the Travel Agreement and charge the Traveler a cancellation fee as set out in paragraph I.
- All the travel documents shall be communicated to the Traveler directly, following payment of the full tour price. If any questions arise, the TOTEM MOTO TOURS team remains at the Traveler’s disposal by email or on the phone before and during the journey.
G. EXCHANGE RATES
Prices are mostly indicated in currencies different from the Euro.
- For bookings made less than 6 months prior to departure, TOTEM MOTO TOURS commits to maintaining the agreed price in the foreign currency.
- For bookings made more than 6 months prior to departure dates and in case of a major international currency crisis involving the Euro, TOTEM MOTO TOURS reserves the right to have a price increase proportional to the exchange rate increase during the same period. TOTEM MOTO TOURS agrees to provide the Traveler with the price calculations. The Traveler will be advised of the increase at least 60 days prior to departure. No change in prices is permitted thereafter.
H. BOOKING CHANGES
- Major changes requested by the Traveler, such as a change in tour dates or tour type, will be considered as a cancellation of the initial trip and a rebooking. The conditions as outlined in paragraph I will apply. The TOTEM MOTO TOURS team will do its best to accommodate the Traveler’s expectations.
- Should TOTEM MOTO TOURS have to exceptionally make a last-minute change for any reason, every effort will be made to ensure the new provider is equivalent or better to that previously planned. No extra cost will be charged to the Traveler.
I. CANCELLATION POLICY
The Traveler may cancel the Travel Agreement at any time prior to the departure date by issuing a written notice by certified mail to TOTEM MOTO TOURS – Street: 2, La Dordonnière - Zip: 37220 - Town: Avon les Roches - Country: France.
- The date of receipt of the cancellation notice by TOTEM MOTO TOURS is deemed the cancellation date.
- No refunds are available once a tour is commenced or in respect of any tour, excursion, pass, ticket, package, accommodation, meals, or any other services utilized.
- If the tour is canceled due to Force Majeure as defined and proclaimed by French law or for reasons attributable to TOTEM MOTO TOURS, no cancellation fee shall apply, and the trip shall be postponed following French law.
- Depending on the cancellation date, travelers who must cancel their booking can receive refunds on the trip cost - excluding the non-refundable fees.
- For all tours:
- Cancellation earlier than 45 days prior to the tour departure date results in 30% of the total package price being retained by TOTEM MOTO TOURS.
- Cancellation from 45 to 30 days prior to the tour departure date results in 50% of the total package price being retained by TOTEM MOTO TOURS.
- Cancellation from 29 days to the tour departure date results in 100% of the total package price being retained by TOTEM MOTO TOURS.
The above is not intended as a substitute for comprehensive travel and health insurance.
- TOTEM MOTO TOURS reserves the right to withdraw from the Travel Agreement and cancel a tour if the minimum number of participants for the tour has not been reached. In that case, the Traveler will be notified of the cancellation 30 days before the initial tour departure date, at the latest.
- TOTEM MOTO TOURS may be prevented to operate a tour due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances – for example, natural disasters, war, riots, political unrest, government restraints. In that case, the Traveler will be notified of the cancellation as soon as possible before the initial tour departure date.
- In the event of tour cancellation by TOTEM MOTO TOURS, the Traveler will be offered, to the extent possible, to take part in a tour of the same category at a later date. If the Traveler does not wish to postpone his booking, TOTEM MOTO TOURS will refund the Traveler’s payment in full, which will constitute the full settlement.
- TOTEM MOTO TOURS cannot be held liable for any additional costs incurred by the Traveler due to a tour cancellation by TOTEM MOTO TOURS, including but not limited to the cost of airline tickets or hotel reservations. TOTEM MOTO TOURS strongly advise the Traveler to take out a comprehensive travel, health & trip cancellation insurance at the time of booking.
Up to 60 days prior to the tour departure date, the Traveler may request that a third party take the tour in his/her place (reassignment) and that the rights and obligations arising from the Travel Agreement be transferred to that third party.
- TOTEM MOTO TOURS may refuse the reassignment if the third party is unable to meet the special requirements of the tour in question or to comply with legal provisions or official directives.
- TOTEM MOTO TOURS shall be entitled to charge a fee for any additional costs incurred by the reassignment. The original Traveler and the third party shall be co-liable for the tour price and any additional costs incurred by TOTEM MOTO TOURS.
- The original Traveler and the third party shall be co-liable for the new Traveler to get his/her visa and all required travel documents and insurance prior to departure.
K. PASSPORTS, VISAS & HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
- It is the Traveler’s responsibility to possess valid travel documents (passport and visa if needed) to travel from their home country to France. TOTEM MOTO TOURS strongly advise the Traveler to check his passport’s date of validity at the time of booking.
- TOTEM MOTO TOURS advises all Travelers that are not citizens of a European Union country or who hold a passport from a non-European Union country, to make sure he/she meets all passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of France in their home country at the time of booking.
- The Traveler is also responsible for meeting any inbound or outbound Covid or pandemic-related requirements (proof of vaccination, test results, etc.) at the time of travel.
- As visa and general health or Covid (or other pandemic)-related requirements are subject to change without notice, verification by the Traveler should be made regularly.
- The Traveler acknowledges by his/her acceptance that TOTEM MOTO TOURS, in making arrangements for accommodation, transportation or any service in connection with the tours, shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity, liability or expense to person or property due to act of default by any accommodation provider, carrier or other company or person providing services included in the tours. Furthermore, TOTEM MOTO TOURS accept no responsibility for any sickness, pilferage, labor disputes, strikes, machinery breakdown, government restraints, acts of war and terrorism, pandemic, weather conditions, defect in any vehicle of transportation or for any misadventure or casualty or any other cause beyond their control.
- The Traveler understands that the guided tours operated by TOTEM MOTO TOURS require him to ride a motorcycle on long distances for a certain number of days in a row, which require physical aptitudes. The Traveler declares that his physical condition is suitable for a long motorcycle trip.
- By no means can TOTEM MOTO TOURS be held responsible for any kind of traffic accident suffered by the Traveler, whatever the cause. The Traveler is entirely responsible for his safety and commits to respecting the speed restrictions and road regulations.
- In case the Traveler does not comply with traffic regulations or the requirements for group travel, TOTEM MOTO TOURS reserve the right to cancel the Travel Agreement and secure the rental motorcycle.
- The Traveler is responsible for his rental motorcycle for the duration of the tour and the payment of the deductible in case of damage or theft.
M. LOST OR DAMAGED LUGGAGE
Outside of the tour dates, TOTEM MOTO TOURS is not liable for lost or damaged luggage. The Traveler should refer to the concerned carrier if such a problem occurs.
N. TRAVELERS REVIEWS
At the end of the trip, the Traveler will have the opportunity to give feedback about the tour. For this purpose, a questionnaire will be emailed to the Traveler.
Please take this opportunity to comment on all the aspects of your experience. This will help greatly TOTEM MOTO TOURS in maintaining the highest standards of quality and service.
O. APPLICABLE LAW & JURISDICTION
Any litigation concerning the tour, including accommodations or any other service booked through TOTEM MOTO TOURS, may be brought only within Tours Court of Justice (Indre-et-Loire, France) and nowhere else. French law will be applicable to any and all such litigation.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.totemmoto.tours. This privacy notice applies only to the information collected by this website.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing: TOTEM MOTO TOURS is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. TOTEM MOTO TOURS only have access to/and collect information that the Traveler voluntarily provides via email or other direct contacts. TOTEM MOTO TOURS will not sell or rent this information to any third party.
- TOTEM MOTO TOURS will use the Traveler’s information to respond to him/her, regarding the reason the Traveler contacted TOTEM MOTO TOURS. TOTEM MOTO TOURS will not share the Traveler’s information with any third party, other than as necessary to fulfill the Traveler’s request.
- The Traveler’s Access to and Control Over Information:
- The Traveler may opt-out of any future contacts at any time by contacting TOTEM MOTO TOURS via the email address or phone number displayed on the website.
- The Traveler can see what data TOTEM MOTO TOURS stores about him/her, if any.
- The Traveler can change/correct any data TOTEM MOTO TOURS stores about him/her.
- The Traveler can have TOTEM MOTO TOURS delete any data about him/her.
- The Traveler can express any concern he/she has about TOTEM MOTO TOURS’ use of his/her data.
Payment of deposit, balance and/or issue of final documents shall be deemed your consent to these Terms & Conditions. The Terms & Conditions listed here are those in effect at the time of printing or publishing and will remain until replaced. Any re-issue of those Terms & Conditions will replace all previous versions. No one is authorized to vary, add or waive any term or condition in this document, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Traveler and TOTEM MOTO TOURS.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
R. COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK NOTICES
Unless specified otherwise, all the contents, texts, pictures, videos of this website are owned by TOTEM MOTO TOURS.